IET announces release of 18th Edition Amendment 2
1st February 2022
On January 24th, 2022, the IET announced the release of Amendment 2 (BS 7671:2018+A2:2022) of the wiring regulations which will come into effect on 28th March 2022.
On January 24th 2022 the IET announced the release of Amendment 2 (BS 7671:2018+A2:2022) of the wiring regulations which will come into effect on 28th March 2022.
The 2nd Amendment to the 18th edition, originally launched in 2018, encapsulates changes from amendment 1 as well as additions from the Draft for Public Comment in 2020.
- The IET have announced that the significant changes for BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 will include:
- A new requirement for Arc Fault Detection Devices (AFDDs) in some AC final circuits for installations in some types of higher risk residential buildings.
- The requirement for the fire safety design of buildings to be documented where specific conditions of external influence exist, such as protected escape routes and locations with risk of fire.
- Method for determining the requirement to provide overvoltage protection.
- Changes to identification, labels and notices, such as for consumer units, affecting how safety information is provided to the user of the electrical installation.
- A Chapter on Prosumer’s Low Voltage Electrical Installations, in a new part, Part 8.